Yoruba Curriculum Writer
Who We Are
Vacancy Yoruba Curriculum Writer: We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability.
About the role
Bridge presently runs 37 academies in Nigeria. We have a small Boston office and a large Nairobi office with expert curriculum writers in math, science, English, social studies, and early childhood education. We are currently building our curriculum team in Lagos and we need a dedicated individual with experience in primary education in Nigeria to help adapt our current curriculum in Yoruba language.
What you will do
- Writing new content for textbooks, scripting objective-driven lessons, and creating aligned and rigorous assessments for our Yoruba pupils
- Combing through our current textbooks and lessons to identify areas that won’t make sense to Nigerian pupils
- Testing samples of our curriculum in our current Bridge academies – likely once per week
- Our training and model will help you develop your curriculum-writing skills across content areas. In exchange, we ask for flexibility and open-mindedness. i.e. Youwill develop curriculum in English, Yoruba, math, science, social studies and/or other Nigerian specific subjects depending on your skills, performance, and experience
What you should have
- A commitment to expanding educational quality and access in Nigeria and a belief in the effectiveness of scripted curriculum
- 2-3 years’ experience working in primary education in Nigeria (2 years teaching preferred)
- Required professional working fluency (written and verbal) in English and Yoruba.
- Excellent communication skills – this position will involve daily remote collaboration with our Boston office
- Flexibility, ability to process and respond to new information quickly, and excellent attention to detail
- Hard-working and collaborative, with the tenacity to plow through challenges and an appreciation for teamwork toward achieving a shared vision.
- You have high energy, enthusiasm, and a willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done.